Saturday, December 31, 2005

Hard to live with other people sometimes...

Hi Abba. Andy and I are having a rough time lately with our living arrangements. I know that we don't have that much longer to be here, but help us make it without any problems or blow ups. I'm so sick and tired of cleaning up other people's messes. FIL has had the week off of his 3rd shift job and has worked part-time at Home Depot this week. He's been home no later than 1pm. Yesterday he had the complete day off while both of us worked late. We got home and ate dinner and he asked us what our plans were for today (New Years Eve). We said we were planning on just spending the time together and going out for dinner at The Melting Pot. His response "Good! I had intentions of getting this place cleaned up today, but lacked motivation and all I did was lay on the couch, so since I'm working tomorrow, you can clean the place up by the time I get home!" I asked him if he was having company over or something and he said no. He freaked out like this over Christmas and we had the house cleaned top to bottom on our own while he sat and watched. I have enough on my plate with cleaning up our own messes without having to do his too. I'm so ready to get out of here! Andy bargained with me and said if I focused on the downstairs, he'd do the upstairs. I don't mind having to clean up after ourselves, but I just feel like we're being taken advantage of sometimes. Then, I tell myself...well, you are living here for free. But, then I think too that just because we live here doesn't mean that he can't help us out a little by cleaning up after himself too. I don't expect him to pick up after us, so why should we be expected to pick up after him. He'll eat dinner and leave his plate on the table (how hard is it to bring it to the sink), we bring the garbage down to the end of the driveway every week and yet if he comes home after the garbage man comes he'll leave it for us to bring back up to the house, if he wants to do laundry and we have stuff in the dryer it just gets thrown into a basket so it can get all wrinkly, yet if we need to do laundry and he has stuff in the dryer we actually take the time to fold his clothes neatly and set them outside his bedroom door. He doesn't want to run his stuff out to the post office, so that's become our task to do. He's an extremely negative person I'm finding the more and more that we live with him and it's grating on me as well. I can't tell you how many guilt trips he's given us about moving to Texas. He won't have anybody to help him if he has computer problems, he's going to have to spend next Christmas alone, it's going to be lonely in the house. I told him he shouldn't mind as he usually acts like D is being too loud anyway. That brings me to another vent. If we're up in the kitchen trying to make dinner and Deidra is helping or upstairs playing or helping to set the table, he'll turn the tv way up to where you can't even hear yourself talk and she's not being that loud. However, if he knows that we're trying to get her to bed or she's napping or we're watching a movie or trying to spend some time alone talking on the couch, he'll come downstairs and talk to us and be loud. I just feel like we go out of our way trying to please him and he doesn't have the same respects for us. It's just really starting to get to me. I keep telling myself that we don't have that much longer here, but things are honestly just starting to get to me. Help us all to make it and stay respectful of one another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home