Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Abba, what are you trying to tell me?

Hi Abba. Mom helped me to realize a long time ago that you communicate things and usually confirm them and we've found that we hear you tell us the same thing 3 times. Granted, you use other people's voices to do so. :-)

Anyway, I've been praying for quite awhile now on whether to continue with the infertility treatments or whether to start up the adoption process. I know that I need to trust in your timing. Anyway, Margaret (Mom's friend who used to be a nun), gave me a book on the Scriptural Rosary. It has so many neat things in there and I decided to start at the very beginning and pray a decade a day. The very first decade in the book was about the Announcement of John the Baptist. It talked about Zechariah and Elizabeth and how Elizabeth was barren and although she was old in years, God was going to grant her request to have a child and she was going to have a son. It talked about Hannah and Sarah too and there was even a verse on Moses.

The very next day, I was in the car and Focus on the Family with Dr. Dobson was on the radio. He was interviewing an author (don't remember her name or even the book that she wrote), but she was talking about how it was important for women to have friendships and that if you looked in the bible an example of that was Mary and Elizabeth. When Mary learned of Elizabeth and her pregnancy, she visited with her and John the Baptist leapt in her womb for joy. Elizabeth couldn't believe that she was going to be a mother after being barren for so long and Mary supported her during all of that. And Elizabeth was also there for Mary. It was then, that I knew that You were trying to communicate something to me.

It was either that night or the next day after that one, that I returned to my Scriptural rosary and the next decade was on The Visitation of Mary and Elizabeth and again it talked about how Elizabeth was barren, but was finally going to have a son regardless of her age. Are you trying to tell me that we're going to get pregnant soon or are you just trying to tell me that you do have a child for me somewhere?

Andy and D went to Mass on Sunday since I had to work and Andy brought home the bulletin. I just glanced at it briefly and in the Pastor's note section it said something about how God calls us to welcome the little children and I took note of that as it was meant for us.

Last night, Mom and Jimmie went walking with us in the park. Afterwards, Jimmie and Andy went and pushed Deidra on the swings and I decided to talk about all of this with Mom and get her take on it. She told me that You definitely have plans for us and we prayed that you would reveal to us if you had a child waiting for us out there. She was carrying a little prayer book in her hands and after we prayed, we went to go get the boys and Deidra across the park. She happened to open up her prayer book to a prayer to the Infant Jesus and all of a sudden she says to me "Look what I just opened to." she handed it off and again there's the story of Elizabeth being barren and God granting her a son...the visit from Mary and John leaping in Elizabeth's womb for joy.

You're definitely communicating something to me. Mom gave me the suggestion to continue to pray and to read the Bible on the books that talk about Elizabeth, Hannah, Sarah, and Moses and to see if You will reveal to me there what it is that you want us to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home