Thursday, May 25, 2006

Job Stuff and a New Friend

Hi Abba. Mom called me this morning to let me know that she lifted me up in prayer this morning at work in their prayer meeting with all the work stuff I've been dealing with. Mom felt bad that I wasn't receiving the southern hospitality that she thought I would at work. She didn't want to mention who I was having the issues with, but I guess some of the guys she worked with knew right away who she was talking about. I asked her who they said it was and they were right on. I guess a lot of people have quit at that store because of her. Mom told me to hang in there and she had the feeling that I was being tested. I told her that not all the people are like that and maybe I'm just too sensitive and am overreacting. I don't have to deal with this lady all the time either, so I just have to keep telling myself to hang in there.

Anyway, fast forward to this afternoon. Andy's working on a website to introduce various projects that he's done graphic wise to potential employers. Deidra was getting antsy and so was I, so I took her up to Braum's to get some ice cream. I told her to go find us a seat and then I hear someone say "Jessica." At first, I didn't want to turn around because I figured nobody really knew me and then I did turn. There sitting at one of the tables, was Tabby (short for Tabitha). She works at HD too and has only been there for a little over 3 months. We talked a little bit on Tuesday night and I really like her. We talked for awhile today about the people that we work with and some of her vents and I feel like I've really found a friend and don't feel so lonely now. She even gave Deidra a Strawberry smoothie. She wants us to get together with her and her 3 little girls sometime. I just feel better about the whole situation and I want to thank you for Tabby and I hope and pray that our friendship grows stronger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home