Monday, April 02, 2007

I've got a green thumb today....

I normally kill plants and so forth, but seeing all the pretty plants coming in to the garden center at work, I just had to plant some. Andy's company just took his department out for dinner over the weekend (and us significant others) and they gave us a Home Depot gift card as well as an African Daisy plant. That was for helping the company move and to us significant others it was for putting up with them not being home much that week. It was a great dinner at Buca de Bepo (very fancy italian restaurant here in Dallas). Anyway, garden had some pots and watering cans and such today for $1 and I figured that I was going to get some pots and I wanted some tomato plants. The tomato plants that I wanted were sold out by the time I got out of work, so I just got about 12 little baby tomato plants and some pots to plant them in. Top soil was on sale for $0.98 a bag so I got some of that. Then, I got some more african daisies, some yellow mini daisies, and some other little filler flowers and I put together my own little garden bouquet in a pot and it looks quite nice if I do say so myself. Now, hopefully I won't kill them. Then, I ran out of pots for all my little baby tomater plants and so Deidra and I went back to Home Depot to get some more. Ever since our trip to AZ to the botanical gardens when we saw the herb garden, Deidra has wanted to plant some herb plants. We didn't have much of a selection left of the little plants, so I got some little pots for each herb and we got some seed packets and planted some thyme, oregano, basil, chives, dill, and some catnip for the cats. I spent about 3 hours planting eveyrthing and had so much fun. The cactus that we put out on our front porch are looking very nice too and we've already gotten a few comments on those. I'll have to take some pics later of our cactus and the planter that I made today. I'll share pics of our herb garden once some start sprouting. :-) Now to get some house cleaning done...Andy said he was going to make me dinner tonight...Chicken, broccoli, and mushroom casserole...some Alton Brown recipe he saw on Good Eats. :-) I've got the greatest hubby ever. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home