Friday, April 20, 2007

This whole business trip thing...

Ok, let's start from the beginning...Andy and I set a plan in place that we were going to wrap these last few things up that we needed to do for our foster/adopt stuff so that we could finally be done with everything. I told Andy before that if we could get our inspections done by the end of the month/first week in May that all we had left to do was to get our homestudy done in 2-3 visits and that depending on the scheduling of that we'd hopefully be done by the 2nd or 3rd week in May and then we'd be ready to go. I changed my availability at work as well. Starting May 14 I'm only working weekends. If they won't honor that, my last day with Home Depot is May 11. Hopefully, I'll find out about that next week.

Anyway, Andy called me earlier this week on his way home from work saying that they had talked to him about an "optional" trip to New York to do inventory in their 2 offices. Now, they had been joking about it with him before for the last few months and I had always told him that if he went to NY, I wanted to go with him. We were only joking. I never thought it would actually happen and he didn't either. I asked him when it would be and he mentioned that it would be the 2nd or 3rd week of May. I immediately brought up our foster/adopt stuff as this is going to play a part in the timing of our home study if he goes then and I really don't want to delay it any longer. Not to mention, he is leaving on a weekend and I have to work weekends. My Mom and brother who normally would watch her already have a commitment on the weekends through the end of May, so I'm a little stuck on who I'd get for a sitter for her. I asked him if they could have someone else go (the idea was already put out there for someone else to go if Andy wasn't available...the trip is "optional" for Andy to go) this time and he'd go next time so we could stick with our current plan of getting the foster/adopt stuff done like we had planned. He got pretty bent out of shape with me. We had our first argument that we've had in a long time and both of us are pretty adamant about our reasonings. He's afraid that he's going to make a bad impression if he chooses not to go. I don't know what he's so afraid of...his whole dept knows what we're trying to do...they had even talked to me about it at the dinner we went to a few weeks ago and they are very supportive of what we're trying to do. They are a very family driven company as well, so I don't see it being a problem really if he doesn't go. He just gets so worked up about work stuff ever since he got laid off. He want to leave no room for error on his part which I do respect...if this weren't an optional thing for him yes, I'd be upset, but I'd totally understand him having to go. Maybe I'm being selfish, I don't know...it's just that I don't want to have to keep putting off these last few things and he knows that I just changed my availability so that we could start accepting placements as well. But, we can't do that until our homestudy is done and I guess right now I just see that as being more important than him going off to New York for a week for an optional trip that he really doesn't have to go on. Anyway, I'm tired of arguing with him over it and I give the situation to You, Abba. I know that you know what is best here.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home