Monday, June 18, 2007

A biter and hair puller...

Abba, please help me out with some guidance here. This is new territory for me. Deidra never did the whole biting thing and other than playing with my hair when I was holding her, she never was one to pull other kids hair. Baby E (just turned 19 months old) has been pulling Deidra's hair (he's gotten a couple of clump fulls) and if Baby J has something that he wants, not only will he go up and snatch it, but if Baby J tries to get it back E will bite him. I've been constantly telling him no, taking the things back from him that he's been biting for, and he sits in the time out chair for 18 seconds. After his time out is done, I tell him again that we don't bite and pull hair. I can only hope that if he sees that his efforts of biting and pulling hair aren't getting him anywhere that he'll stop. I also hope that when he starts his speech therapy, that he'll be able to get his point across better and that will also help to discourage this biting and pulling hair to get his way.

Anyone that had a biter or a hair puller have any advice for me of things I'm not already doing that worked for you?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home