Monday, October 01, 2007

Pregnancy Confirmed



Well, I had a wonderfully understanding nurse give me a call back. I explained what was going on and I asked her if I could come in for a blood test to see where my numbers are at. She told me to come on in and she'd get me all set up.

When I got there and told the receptionist I was there for blood work, she asked me what they were doing. I explained briefly and she wasn't going to do it. She said they normally only give a urine test to confirm it. I told her that they could do both if they wanted to, but that I really wanted to see where my numbers were with the bleeding that I had going on. She said that they'd have to have the doctor's ok and that he was at the hospital. I asked to speak with the nurse and she called her upfront.

She brought me back and said that we were going to do the blood test first and to appease the receptionist, we'd do a urine test too. The urine test in the office came up a whole lot darker than the test I took yesterday. She told me not to worry as each test picked up different levels of hcg than others and that a line was a line. I asked her if she thought I needed to be on progesterone supplements and she said that she'd try to get me a prescription from the doctor when they called me with the test results tomorrow morning, but in the meantime she was going to give me a progesterone shot. That was fine with me.

She understood that I was being cautious about things...I told her I'm scared to be happy, but yet I don't want being scared to take this moment of happiness either. She understood my concerns and said that they'd call me in the morning with my test results and that he may bring me back on Wednesday to do another test and even possibly one more on Friday. I told her that was fine, I just want to know where things stand. But, for now, I'm going to stand in the moment...I'm pregnant!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

OMG .... I'm tearing up over here! Congratulations and keep us posted. I'll be thinking of you and sending lots of good sticky vibes your way. Hang in there.....this IS it!

5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Jess!! Stay positive girl, I really believe that it helps. I am just so excited for you, and am sending lots of good thoughts your way. Hang in there!!!

8:12 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Thanks for the update. I am so happy to see the good news. I too am thinking of you and sending lots of sticky vibes your way.

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home