Monday, December 24, 2007

Andy and I had Christmas together...



Andy and I decided on Saturday night after finishing up our wrapping, that the kids had so many gifts and that we were going to make Christmas totally for them. So, we decided to exchange our gifts with one another. We decided that we'd sit in my huge walk-in closet and give each other our gifts and open the gifts that were to us. We received a 4-slice toaster and blender from Geoff and Mimi, a bed quilt and sheets and a bed ruffle from my FIL, and my MIL gave us $200 to go house shopping with, calendars, and a cool house journal where you can keep track of house repairs or things that you have to do on the house and when you did it all. We were totally spoiled and it was so exciting opening everything.

I gave Andy boxers, new pajamas, some tools, and I had gotten him some loose leaf teas from Teavana. He recently had his work fun night...their original plans got rained out so they were each given $40 to go shop at the mall with to find a gift for someone. He wound up picking some teas from Teavana, a really cool mug set, and some coffee from Starbucks to give as his gift. He was really disappointed when he picked his bag for his gift to find that he got all the gag gifts...blood pills, whoopy cushion that sort of thing...but he was trying to be a good sport about it. Anyway, when I heard how disappointed he was and that hewould have loved the gift that he had given, I decided to get him some stuff from Teavana, so I picked him out 3 bags of tea and gave him the perfect "tea" spoon.

He gave me a king sized new velour blanket since mine was getting holes in it and tearing, but I couldn't part with it. I love how warm and soft that it is. And then, my next gift was a tea kettle and a smile just came across my face. The next gift that he gave me was 2 cans of tea from Teavana and I just started to laugh. We had gotten each other the same things (different kinds, but from the same store and everything. He also gave me a glass tea pot to seep the teas in and when you get ready to poor it the top is a strainer so you only get the tea in your mug. I was so excited. We've tried most of our teas and they were so good. We can't wait to get more!

That's just more proof that we're soul mates and meant for one another! I love him so much!

The tea pictured is Peach Tranquility that Andy gave me. We drank some before bed and I was so relaxed after drinking it that I just went to sleep.

The Peach Tranquility tea is a delightfully harmonious blend of candied peach pieces, pineapple, lemon myrtle, Roman chamomile, sunflower petals and rosehips create a most peaceful blend.

And now I really want to go make up my bed with our new bed set....we were so tired after opening presents that we just went to bed.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home