Tuesday, December 18, 2007

It looks like we may get to keep him...

Well, Baby J's caseworker just came out to drop off his Christmas gifts. I asked her if she had talked to his mom to find out how she was doing. She said "well, she wants to do the open adoption and I just sent her the papers to sign." It was either that or the state was going to take custody of him and we would have been given the chance to adopt him anyway. The only thing scaring me is that now her Mom and Uncle want to see him. But, I guess she said that we don't have to do that if we're not comfortable. It's our choice. She also told me too that we need to come up with strict rules on visitation after the adoption is completed.

I'm sitting here in tears...he's really going to be ours!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

Congratulations! That is great news. Hope all goes smoothly for you.

2:07 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That's so wonderful, Jess! BTW - got your Christmas card....thanks! Merry Christmas to you and all those beautiful children.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home