Friday, December 21, 2007

Man oh man...

Andy and I wrapped 20 gifts last night and we still didn't make a dent in anything. CPS is bringing the gifts over for Little J, Baby D, and Big M today after their visit and she said she had quite a few things.

I have gifts all over the place, 4th bedroom, my closet, and the garage...and so I told Andy that we needed to wrap the ones in the garage so that we could throw the gifts that the caseworker was bringing over in there and the kids wouldn't see what we got them in the meantime.

Baby J's caseworker brought him his Christmas gifts last week and I couldn't believe how much stuff he got...she brought in a huge gift bag and the hugest stocking I had ever seen and the gift bag was filled with clothes galore, tennis shoes, socks, and she had even thrown in a few things for Baby D. And then there were 4 toys. They already started playing with the alphabet drum and the mega blocks...but I saved 2 for him for later and I honestly didn't look to see what they were. The stocking was so big I just felt for them and knew they were there.

We're supposed to go to our agency tonight and pick up their gifts...I just can't believe how much the agencies do for these kids...I'm glad that I splurged on Deidra too as between the agency, CPS, the Christmas Wish people, and our families...these kids made out like bandits. I joked with Andy last night that we're going to have so many gifts piled under the tree that all you're going to be able to see is our tree topper sticking out. I'm joking obviously...but I just can't get over how much stuff they've got coming from here or there. These kids are very blessed this Christmas!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger TK said...

Wow, you have a very generous agency and community. When we were doing foster care, I think the kids each got one gift, like a board game for the older one and I forgot if the baby got anything. We were reimbursed for $25 worth of gifts and that was it. Everything else came out of our pocket.
Those kids are going to have an exciting CHristmas.

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home