Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The sickies again...

The sickies are going around our house again...man, we just went through all this at the beginning of December.

It all started on Sunday morning when Baby D woke up and ate his breakfast and proceeded to barf it all back up. The weird thing was that he barfed a few times and then he was fine for the rest of the day.

Christmas Eve, the girls had runny noses and had started coughing. Had many a talk with Little J about covering our hands when coughing and making sure we're washing our hands.

I have gotten maybe 4 hours of sleep this week. My blood sugars have been awfully high and I'm up every 1-2 hours to pee. I'm exhausted, but I can't sleep either as my mind has just been racing. Too much going on I guess.

I woke up this morning coughing with a tickle in my throat when all of a sudden it hits me...I'm going to puke. Make a run for the bathroom, Andy puts me back to bed with a barf pail. I fell asleep only to wake up at 8 feeling like a truck has hit me. So, I've got the Vicks in my nose (yes, I'm weird...I just put it on the inside of my nostrils) to try to breathe, drinking my tea, and I am just exhausted. I hope the kids are well-behaved today.

We have our case worker coming out tomorrow for our monthly home visit too. I so need to do laundry, but I'm really not going to sweat it. Now, if I can just get the kids from bringing me a box to open and fight with every 5 minutes, I'll be happy. Do they really need to strap down every Barbie appendage to deter shoplifters...it's making this mommy a little frustrated when it takes 1/2 an hour just to get a toy out of the box with the kid whining at me to hurry up every few minutes. All I want is a good nap and some peace and quiet right now...

Christmas went really well...I'll post about that a little later!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Oh man, I'm sorry to hear about the sickies. I woke up this morning feeling as if I hadn't slept at all; I can barely stay awake here at work and my throat feels a bit weird, and my tummy had me thinking I needed to pull over to barf on my drive in this morning. :(

8:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home