Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm behind on a few Musical Monday entries...

a song that reminds you of someone...

I can remember riding in the car with my real Mom and she'd have this song playing on the radio.



This song reminds me of a guy that I met when I worked at Handy Andy. I had it bad for him, but we got to be really good friends. He always looked at for me. I used to go visit him when he was at school at MSU in Lansing. It's weird how when I first met him, I couldn't stand him. I totally didn't understand his sense of humor and thought he was just being mean. Later, we got to know one another through e-mail when he was at school and I really liked him. He always went after the other girls at work who were prettier and more popular and I always would have them pegged. He got to where he never wanted my opinion as he knew I was right. I went on a double date with him to the movies and my friend went with. Wouldn't you know she left me sitting on the end so I couldn't even sit next to him. We went to see Money Train. Anyway, later on I found out that he was going to ask me out before Handy Andy closed down, but he never got the nerve to do it. I seen him at our 5 year reunion and he greeted me with a hug and we talked for a bit. When I left, he gave me another hug. At our 10-year reunion, he had just gotten married. When he saw me and the way I was looking at her (she was standing across the room), he said "I don't even want to know...just shush." I laughed and thinking about it now...it's been 4 years since then...I wonder if they're still together... Anyway, anytime I hear this song, it reminds me of him.



The #1 Song from the Day You Were Born:

Play That Funky Music -- Wild Cherry September 16, 1976

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoooo, play that funky music!! hehe, I love that one.... great song for your birth-day! hehe

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home