Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Roe vs. Wade

I was listening to mass on Sunday on television and they were talking about how with the anniversary this week of the Roe vs. Wade decision that we needed to be in prayer for those who were participating in the Walk for Life and to support them.

The topic of abortion is one that can bring tears to my eyes. I can remember many a discussion in high school of those who supported abortion and I would tear up thinking of those little babies. It always strikes me that someone could say "well, a women should have the right to choose, but it's something that I could never do." Well, if you can say that you could never do it...don't you then know deep down that it's wrong?"

I understand that some people say well what about if the baby is the product of a rape or the baby has birth defects or it's a matter of incest or the mom is young. Well, to me that's not the baby's fault and there are so many people out there that want to adopt infants and newborns that I can't understand why they don't have them to give them the gift of life and then give them to someone who desperately wants them. I just don't see it as our decision to be able to play God and stop a baby from having a chance to live life.

I know even when we got pregnant and I saw that tiny little heart flickering away at just a few weeks old...you can't deny that is a life there that is very present. And what a gift from God that life is. Who are we to take that away?

I just see abortion as a very selfish thing to do and my heart aches for those unborn babies who don't even get a chance to live life. I don't judge the women that have done it, but I do pray for their babies and I pray that they don't ever decide to do it again.

I'm not out there with this post trying to condemn anyone or anything...so please don't think that if you've had an abortion or have contemplating having one. I just know that hearing the homily about abortion made me want to write my thoughts down and really truly rejoice in the gift of life.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home