Friday, May 16, 2008

Prayers for Little J

Little J and Baby D had sibling therapy yesterday so they could work on transitioning to go back home. While they were in their session they also learned that their older sister is not going to be coming back home to live with them. Little J took it really hard (we all figured that she was going to). At the end when she finally calmed down she said "my heart is broken. That makes me so so sad." I hugged her when I got there and the caseworker told me what happened. We talked for a bit and she seemed ok. Deidra had a school function last night and Little J started crying when we were waiting for the percussion performance to begin. I sat and talked to her for a bit and she cried a little bit and I just rubbed her back. We got home and we got the kids ready for bed. We put her down for bed a little after 8 and she was teary-eyed. I talked with her and sat with her for a long time and when she seemed to calm down, I came downstairs. It wasn't 5 minutes later that she just let out these big, loud sobs. Andy went up and told her that she needed to calm down a bit so she didn't wake up the boys and that we understood that she was upset and she had every right to be, but that we didn't want her to wake up the boys. Still big, loud sobs...so I went back up there and it took me a few minutes to get her to the point where she wasn't so loud. I had to go in and resituate the boys and settle them in again and Deidra asked to go in our room because she couldn't get to sleep with Little J being so loud. We told her she could, but we didn't think it was going to make a difference. I went up and talked to her again and she talked to me about how she was feeling and she couldn't understand why her sister wouldn't want to come home. She told me what she thought and I told her that she needed some answers from her parents about some of her questions and I wanted her to talk to her parents at the visit today. Her parents were encouraged to tell her that her sister wasn't coming home a week or so and they didn't want to do it. So, I think it's time that they work through this together and she deserves some answers. I don't have the answers that she wants answers too, but they do. Anyway, it was a 3 hour process of her crying her eyes out and us taking turns talking to her before we finally got her down for the night. She was crying again first thing this morning. I wish I could just get her to understand that she's still going to be able to see her sister...they're just not going to live together....but this is a huge loss for her. Her sister and her are very close. She's worrying about who is going to take care of her when she goes home as her sister took care of her a lot. Right before she went to bed last night she said "I must be really bad...I keep losing all the people that I love." I asked her waht she meant by that and she said "I don't want to leave you and now I'm losing my sister too." I had tears in my eyes at more than one point yesterday listening to her.

I pray for peace and comfort for her, Abba, as she's really having a hard time with this. Help this little girl find her way again. Help those of us that are trying to help her cope too to find the right words to help her and the patience and love to see her through this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will keep little J in my prayers. I can't even imagine how hard this must be for her. And for you, I'll keep you in my prayers too.
-Joy

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home