Saturday, July 05, 2008

I was so nervous for nothing...

We got together with Matt (my ex's twin brother) and his family this weekend as well as Jennifer, another girl we went to high school with. Jennifer was already there when we got there and once we got there I immediately got over being nervous and felt right at home. Matt was still Matt and his wife, Andrea, was a total sweetheart. His kids were adorable and our kids had a ton of fun playing with them. We were going to picnic at the park but it was raining, so we spent the day at their apartment and then went to watch fireworks. The girls had to go to the bathroom so Andy missed seeing the fireworks while he was gone with the girls. Matt and I chatted for awhile since we both had kid duty while his wife and Jennifer walked around to find something to drink. After fireworks were over, we waited for Andy to get back with the girls and then decided we better head to our hotel to check in. We made plans with Matt to get together in the morning. We all went to sleep and got up around 9 this morning and headed to Whataburger for breakfast. I called Matt to let him know we were on our way and when we got there we discovered Jennifer had already left. I guess she got a call from her cousin at like 1 in the morning and decided she was going to head over there. So, we hung out and decided to take the kids to the park for a picnic. We chatted and chatted and chatted and I caught up with Matt's family and how they were all doing and I learned more about Andrea and how they all met and knew one another. After the picnic, we decided we better get headed for home and Andrea let us know we could all head back to their apartment so we could get the kids all ready for the ride home instead of trying to get them to the port-a-potties at the park. So, we went back to their apartment and changed the kids and had the girls go to the bathroom. Matt's kids came and gave me a hug and a kiss good-bye and they're talking about coming up to visit us in the next couple of weeks. Andrea gave me a hug and told me how it was nice to finally get to meet me after hearing all about me all this time (hopefully good things) and Matt gave me a hug and told me how nice it was to see me again and that they'd try to get up here to visit sometime around the end of the month. It was a lot of fun catching up and we all enjoyed ourselves. I don't think my ex is all that happily married from some stories that I heard, but hopefully it will get better for him as his kids get older (they have a little boy who just turned 3 and twins (b/g) that just turned 2. It was an interesting weekend, and I can't wait until we all get together again. I have to get pics from his wife as our camera battery died.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home