Monday, August 17, 2009

Oh fly lady...

I really enjoy her system of cleaning. She keeps me in line. However, I hate how my hot spots keep piling up. I told Andy we really need to do better about keeping our countertops cleared off and the stuff filed away. All of our foster parent stuff and the kids artwork wind up in one pile on the counter. The kids do have a file that I keep on the wall and they each have their own bin, but it's a pain everytime I have to record stuff to go find that file and pull it out. If I keep it on the bin on the counter and it's right in front of me I tend to remember better. My island countertop hosts all of my big binders that are filled with minimum standards and training materials and school stuff that I'm working on with them. I also have some occupational therapy materials up there that we practice on. My current books that I'm reading along with library books wind up on that counter too.

Then, all of our mail and bills and stuff that needs to be filed winds up on our other hightop counter above the kitchen sink. I hate how cluttered it always looks and yet it seems like whenever I get it cleared off, a few hours later it's back to looking cluttered again. I need to come up with a better system for all that stuff. I just am at a loss of what to do with it all right now.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What if you took a cabinet in your kitchen and used that to house your folders and files and in there put a basket for all the papers that had to be filed/scrapbooked. That way everything was all in one place, out of sight, yet you still had easy access to? Just a thought.
-B

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home