Monday, August 17, 2009

What a great weekend!

I was so glad to have Andy home on Friday. Saturday, we just cleaned and did some stuff around the house and Andy mowed the lawn, tried to fix the trimmer, but wound up breaking it further. I think we're going to need a new one. We've had this one for a few years anyway (Dad Davis bought it for us as a housewarming present when we bought our house in Illinois in 2000). Anyway, we were invited over to my new friend's house for dinner with her family. I was so nervous and excited at the same time. I was just praying my kid's would behave. They did wonderfully though and I was very proud of them. Wonderful company, a great dinner, and everybody had fun! Thanks so much, B, for everything! We had a wonderful time!

Sunday, the morning started out rough...all the kids were having their own issues, we wound up really having a battle with Deidra trying to get ready for church. We finally got to church and my Mom got after me for wearing shorts to church. I told her it had been a very rough morning. She told me that was no excuse. Most of the time, we are all dressed very nicely for church...but with the morning we were having, shorts and shirts it turned out to be. Anyway, I wound up crying through the first half of church right along with Deidra. Finally, my Mom reached out and just rubbed my back and I got myself together finally. I just hate mornings like that. Anyway, I kept looking over at Deidra and tears just streamed down her cheeks every so often. When we sat down for the homily, I reached over and tapped her arm and told her to come sit on my lap for a minute. She started crying "I'm sleepy and I'm hungry." I rubbed her back and rocked her a bit and she finally stopped crying and I just prayed that the negative spirits that were upon us would lift and we'd be filled with happier spirits. Within a few minutes, we were all doing better and starting to smile and the tears were gone. The rest of the day went much better. I did wind up grounding Deidra for the day though, so she couldn't go play with anyone. It really bothered her later in the evening when she found out her friend was home after being in CA for 3 weeks. She got to talk to her on the phone for about 5 minutes, but it killed her that she couldn't go down to see her. We just kept reminding her that if she stayed on good behavior the rest of the night, she'd be off of her grounding in the morning. She kept it together.

I signed the kids up for catechism after church with my Mom and I really had a lot of fun doing it. Afterwards, she asked me if I wanted to go to lunch. I told her I didn't have my wallet on me and that I needed to run home first, she told me she'd get it for me. So, we went up to Applebee's and Jimmie (my youngest brother) met us up there. He's trying to get into Lon Morris to go to college this year (I'm resentful...double standards from when I went to college and how he gets to go to college...but I'm trying to give it to God and let it go...it does me no good to have a resentful spirit and I shouldn't be jealous either...so I'm trying to let it go). So, he just wanted to spend some time with us in case he goes next week to college. It was a good time. Mom and I talked about some things and I shared a little with her and I wound up in tears (good tears) at the table. I'm a sap lately. What can I say? God is really working in my life right now...it's great to see the blessings that he is bringing to me and to my family.

After I came home from lunch, I was trying to catch up Little E's and Baby T's scrapbooks. I got March, April, and May done. I just need to do June, July, and August and they'll be caught up. Something is going on with my computer though that I can't quite figure out, so after having to re-do Little E's June layout 3 times and still having a problem, I'm going to wait until hubby is home this afternoon to try again. I did go and order all their layouts from January-May though so I can get them in the mail and into their books.

I'm stressing a bit as I always do before court hearings...I like to have their books in order just in case they go home before a court hearing. But, I just keep telling myself it will all work out. I'm sure their workers would get their pages to them if it came down to it. I need to quit worrying about it.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome J! Your kids behaved better than mine. Hubby mentioned that too out of the blue. "I don't know what she was so worried about, her kids were better than ours." Was his exact wording. Much love, and thanks for being such an awesome friend to such a blabo mouth! I love you, and am so glad that God brought us together!

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home