Thursday, November 11, 2010

Being the Mom of 3 Sensory Kids...

I get burned out sometimes dealing with all of the behaviors. 2 with ADHD and ODD and developmental delays and 1 with a lot of speech issues and a lot of developmental delays and problems with memory and focus as well and they all 3 have sensory issues of varying degrees. I do the best that I can and I love them all dearly and am constantly trying to do things to help them achieve their goals. But, I do burn out sometimes and I get frustrated. I went to my sensory membership board yesterday and just talked about one of them. I won't say which one...it really doesn't matter. But, one of the gals said that she too adopted her child and felt burned out a lot and she stumbled upon this book Attachment Focused Parenting by Daniel Hughes and really liked the few pages that she had read and put into practice thus far. I think I'm going to go see if I can find the book and start reading it. I figure it can't hurt.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home