Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Emily graduates from kindergarten

We went to Emily's kindergarten graduation ceremony tonight. I had gotten her a dress to wear and she was so excited. The ceremony went well, although I thought they were going to be in their cap and gowns like my oldest daughter was, and they didn't do that this year. But, that's ok. They sang some songs and walked across the stage to the microphone and said their names and what they wanted to be when they grow up. Emily said she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. They sang a couple more songs and then they dismissed the kids to their parents. I fight tears when my children have any type of program that they're in anyway, but what finally brought the tears was when I went up to get her, she jumped off the stage into my arms, wrapped her arms around my neck, and said "I love you, Mommy!" Oh how proud I am of how much she has blossomed this year. She is turning into quite a little sweetheart!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home