Monday, June 05, 2006

Don't know about this Home Depot stuff anymore...

When I transferred, I told my previous HR manager to ask my new store if I could be scheduled primarily during the day for the first couple of weeks until I got my daycare situation figured out. I figured that once I knew that, I could give them a more definite availability. I never thought it was going to be a big deal because I was dropping down to part-time anyway and part-timers are allowed to have hour restrictions.

So, we haven't had to put Deidra in daycare as of yet because Andy's still been at home. He's had a couple of interviews so far and has more coming up this week and people have been e-mailing him for salary requirements and so forth. I checked into a couple of local daycares and want to put her into the Montessouri daycare program. It's $25 a day for drop off or if she goes 3 days a week or more it's $90 for the week. That's so cheap from what we were paying in MI for her to go. But, they're only open from 7 am to 6 pm. So, I went and filled out a new availability sheet for work and since they can never get me out on time, I gave myself an hour buffer so that I have time to get out late and time to drive over and get her before the school closes. I put myself down as wanting to work between 8-5 during the week and open availability during the weekends. Never thought it was going to be an issue.

HR apparently denied it...my availability has to stay open because that's what they were under the impression was going to happen after I got daycare figured out. So, meanwhile I can watch other people at work that are part-time not having to work certain hours and yet I have to keep my availability open. I came home yesterday and I was just furious. I don't know what to do anymore. Mom said she could go pick D up in the evenings if I needed her too, but then I'm asking her to drop what she's got going on all because my work can't get me out by the time that I'm needed to. And my only worry with that too is that Mom is never on time and then sometimes she'd have to leave early from her job. My brother, Jimmie, is home now too now that school is done, but he's in football and he said he'd watch D as long as he wasn't busy. He mows lawns with his coach once or twice a week and he's got workouts from 6-8 pm that he does with the football team. With not knowing anyone around here, this is making it tough and I just don't know what to do anymore.

I'm finally getting to the point where I'm getting along with the people at work, I'm not being scolded for something every time I go in anymore, and I'm starting to get to know the people and remember their names and such. But, I don't know what to do anymore with all of this. Is it time for me to look for something else? All I've ever really done is retail and I don't know if I will find someone out there that will work with hours or not. I guess I need to try, but yet I don't really want to leave HD either, but I wouldn't have to if they could just work with me on availability. Help me, Abba, as I don't know what to do and I don't want to worry about it either anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home