Friday, September 22, 2006

I had a customer threaten me yesterday...

Abba, I pray for protection around me and my family. I never thought that something like this would ever happen to me.

I think I'm still shook up about it. I had nightmares about it last night and when I tried talking to Andy about it yesterday after it happened, he got busy at work, and had to go and I just felt like he didn't actually care. I'm so glad that I'm off today though. It's always been in the back of my mind down here that people can conceal weapons down here and it's legal for them to do so. But, I never expected someone to threaten me at work. I thought maybe I was just overreacting to it as I have been PMSing this week and have been overly sensitive.

Here's what happened. I'm standing at the end of my aisle and this guy walks up and with his fingers acts like he's going to shoot me. I got a bad vibe from that (it was just the way he did it) and found it a little offensive. I'd never do something like that to someone and just found it odd that he found it so humorous. Anyway, I asked him how he was doing today and he ignored me. I rang up the 2 items that he had and asked him I could get his zip code. He gives it to me with no problem. He then proceeds to tell me that every time he comes into our store he's asked something new. He proceeds to slide his credit card through the card reader and I asked him if it was credit or debit (debit cards, I don't have to check ID with as they have to enter their PIN number. Credit cards I have to check the card against their driver's license). He ignores me. I ask him again if it is credit or debit. Finally he says to me right before he was getting ready to sign his name if I wanted to verify his card and how anybody could call anywhere in the world with a credit card and be using someone else's all along and nobody ever asks for any security things to make sure that person is who they say they are. I told him that I just needed to check his card with his driver's license. Finally he says to me and starts up the thing with his fingers going at me like he's going to shoot me and says "you know, you never said hello to me, you're rude and offensive, you're abrupt, you have never smiled at me, you don't care to check IDs, and I didn't come in here to get surveyed. I told him that I had been talking to him that whole time and that he didn't have to participate in the zip code survey and could have chosen not to, but that I did have a line of people waiting to check out and I just needed to verify his stuff and that I was sorry that I had appeared to offend him when I obviously wasn't trying to. Finally, he says to me "here you don't need my ID to verify this...just take this...he hands me his concealed weapon permit. I told him that I wasn't supposed to take that as valid ID, but I wasn't going to argue with him about it. Then, he asked me if I wanted to see the real thing and fakes shooting me. He signed his name and I handed him his receipt and his bag and Amber (the girl next to me had watched the whole thing and she was shaking...She had been trying to get a hold of our supervisor but her phone was busy) anyway, she told me "Jess, you don't have to put up with that...just walk away...walk away." I walked away and the guy left. I reported it to management and I told them that if I ever see that guy again that I refuse to wait on him and if he ever pulled anything like that again with me or anyone else, I was calling 911 and reporting him. Apparently, the guy has caused trouble in there before. I went back to my register and my eyes kept filling with tears. If I could remember the guys name, I'd report him to the police and have him arrested. What is this dang world coming to?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have his info from the receipt? The manager should be able to pull up the receipt on the computer and see his name and all his info.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I am sorry you had such a scare yesterday. What a jerk. I hope that you NEVER see him again.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if they've had trouble with him before, i think that management would know his name. Just watch for him, and when you see him Pray over him!

5:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home