Wednesday, February 21, 2007

I love it when God speaks to you...

I had a pretty bad day at work today (they made me majorly late getting Deidra) and I'm just sick of the attitudes there. We're majorly short-handed though so I try to understand the situation and not cop an attitude back. But, I was just really upset that they know why I have to leave at the time of day that I do and yet today she told me there was nothing they could do, that I was just going to have to wait. So, I left 40 minutes late and just managed to be able to pick up D before they started loading the pre-k students. I apologized up the waa zoo to her teacher. Then, I came home to go to the bathroom and get something to eat before I took Deidra to the park. We had to stop by my Mom's work and give her some cards that came here at our house for my brothers. My Mom was in a bad mood and I was excitedly telling her about the houses we saw last night and she just seemed like she was in a bad mood. I wanted her to go with us on Saturday when we went back...she can't tell me for sure what she's doing and she's taking Margaret to orientation for Scarborough Faire and she wasn't sure if she was going to stay or not. She just made me feel like what we wanted wasn't important and then I got the "why can't you guys just buy something that's already built." She's been the one for the last couple of months telling us that we needed to get out there looking and find something that we truly wanted to buy and now it's like she's in a different mindset or something. We left and all I wanted to do was cry. We went to the park for an hour and a half and she didn't want to come home. I had some stuff to do and we needed to get her fed before gym tonight anyway. She wanted me to go get her some pop and I told her we had drinks and stuff at home. She was way overtired and threw a fit for a half an hour. I finally got her calmed down after some time out in her room and she asked to watch tv. She had been watching cartoons this morning and when I flipped the tv on, it was on the Christian music channel and the song "Beautiful One" was playing by Jeremy Kamp. Tears immediately sprang in my eyes...I have no idea on how that channel was on tv, but it was strange with today being the first day of lent and that happening too. For the past 3 years, one of my things I do during lent is giving up the secular music that I listen to and I just listen to Christian music. So, after the day that I had, it was neat to see that happen as it was totally unexpected.

Thank you Abba for surprising me with that. It was truly unexpected and I have no idea of how that channel was turned on the tv since Deidra had been watching cartoons this morning. You truly do work in mysterious ways. :-) Thank you for being with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home