Thursday, February 22, 2007

Starting Lent...

Well, Lent started yesterday. It's going to be a hard 40 days, but I think it's something I needed to do for myself. My blood sugars have been too high again lately and my cholesterol is high too. It's time to start taking care of myself again. I chose to give up sweets and junk food. It's back to eating healthy again and I'm getting back on my Medifast again to lose weight. I lost 25 lbs in 2 months when I did it before last fall...I need to do it again and keep going with it. I'm also giving up my secular music like I did for the last 2-3 years during Lent (actually I think this is the 3rd year) and only listening to Christian music. This one I think I'll probably do every year from now on. When I first made the decision to do it, I didn't think I could listen to "church" music all the time in the car...I was suprised to find out that there's all sorts and kinds of Christian music and some of it I really like. This is a time that God has really been working in my life and I really found it to destress me and soothe me when I did it again last year.

Abba, please guide me and help me through this Lenten period. Help me to stay strong on my goals and keep going with them even after Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home