Monday, April 02, 2007

A Great Weekend and a Raise

My Mom and brother Jimmie, came over after we were out of work on Friday night. We weren't expecting them home until Saturday, but they came home early. It was a little sad to not see Zach with them (he found a studio apt in Austin). Anyway, we talked a lot and finished watching E.T. with Deidra. Deidra wanted to go home with Grandma and spend the night, but Grandma needed some sleep and since she was going to watch her on Saturday night so we could go out to dinner with Andy's department at work she said she could spend the night then.

Saturday, we spent 2 hours at the bank trying to reopen our savings account...there were literally about 15 people in line and only one customer service banker. It was a tad ridiculous and I was losing patience very quickly but it was something that had to be done so we waited. We ran around to a few garage sales after that and found a few good finds for ebay. We talked a bit more about me quitting my job and I'm going to pray, pray, pray about it. All that's holding me back is insurance...I need to buy an individual plan and a lot of them won't take me because of my history of diabetes. I'm going to give it until Deidra is done with kindergarten in May though to make my final decision, but once we get our first foster placement with us, I'll be going down to weekends only anyway. We came home to get dressed up and then we brought Deidra to my Mom's. We went to Buca de Beppo http://www.bucadibeppo.com/ for dinner with his department from work. His boss took the department out along with their significant others to say thanks for helping with the company move. It was so much fun. We got to eat in the Pope Room and it was just beautiful. There was a beautiful angel mural on the ceiling dome and the acoustics were wonderful. There were about 12 of us there and they had a huge lazy susan in the middle of the table so we could just push the food around to whoever wanted it. All the meals there are served family-style. We ordered so much food and drinks and wine and the desserts were fantastic as well. Anyway...back to the room acoustics...you could totally hear the conversations of everyone and you didn't have to yell. It was great! After that we went over to an Irish Pub...it was nonsmoking and I loved that. We sat outside and drank and talked for a few hours and just enjoyed the beautiful weather and the company. I will say this again...he really has been blessed with a wonderful job and some great people to work with. This was only my 2nd time around these people and when it came time to say good-bye I was given many a hug by them and their significant others. It's nice to know that he's in good hands at work. One thing though that we got to talking about was our foster/adopt plans (they were all asking me about it) and our plans to build a house this year. Andy just mentioned that we were still waiting on the timing of putting the money down on the lot as we want to make sure that we are truly prepared. We want the house to be a blessing and not a burden. Andy's boss and another guy that he interviewed exchanged a look and Andy said it made him nervous. I told him that I didn't know what he was worrying about when he had already gotten his review and they were very happy with him. He just didn't know what it meant that's all...I still think he gets nervous from time to time after being laid off back in Chicago. I told him that I think this job here is going to turn out to be the best job that he's ever had and he agreed.

I also have to say another thank you though, Abba, for your blessings upon our family. Andy found out what that look was for between his boss and the other guy he interviewed with...he was given a very generous raise today and it was more than what we ever could have hoped for. You're definitely watching over us and we are so blessed. Thank you so much, Abba.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww Jess, congratulations on the raise! God is soooo good...

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home