Tuesday, June 19, 2007

How exhausting...

Poor E woke up from his nap around 5. He was a little fussy when I got him up and just thought that he needed some time to wake up. I picked him up to cuddle him and he fell asleep on my shoulder. I went to sit him down on the couch and his cheeks looked a bit rosy and he felt a little warm. I wasn't sure if he wasn't feeling well or if it was just because he had been covered up with his blanket for his nap, when all of a sudden he vomits everywhere. He continued to vomit an awful lot in only a matter of minutes and then got very listless. So, I decided that I needed to take him to the ER to make sure he was alright. We sat in the ER for probably 3 hours and he continued to scream and scream and vomit and vomit. I bet you that poor baby threw up at least 20 times in 3 hours. He was covered in it, I was covered in it. But wouldn't you know when we got called back, that he finally stopped. Turns out he has a very very bad ear infection, which is odd to me because he had tubes put in at the end of March and I just had him at the doctors on Tuesday and they noted that both of his ears were draining and didn't look good and they put him on ear drops then. Anyway, he wound up having to get a shot and they gave him some motrin and he was doing a lot better. They gave him a couple popsicles to make sure he could keep them down and him and J ate a bunch of those little gerber puffs.

I called my Mom to ask her what she thought when it happened because I wanted a second opinion. She told me she'd meet me up there as she didn't want me to have up there alone with all 3 kids. She actually beat me up there. However, Andy pulled in and met us in the parking lot, so she just said that she'd take D. We didn't get out of ER until amost 10:30 so she said she'd keep Deidra. Deidra had started crying that her throat hurt when E was getting sick and I couldn't tell whether that was her ploy for attention (she's been saying that for probably a week in order to get a popsicle) or if she really was hurting. I gave her some motrin to be on the safe side before we left for the ER. Anyway, since it was so late when we left, Mom said she'd keep Deidra overnight and bring her back in the morning when she came in for work. So, we got the little ones home, bathed, gave them their meds, and put them to bed and then we had to try to clean up all the barf and stuff so that the house was somewhat presentable when the therapy people come today. We went to bed around midnight and Andy had to be up at 3am. The phone starts rining in the middle of the night and it's my Mom. Jess, you're going to have to come get Deidra...she's crying again that her throat is really hurting and she wants you and Daddy. Andy went to go get her even though I kept saying that I'd go since he had to be up so early. That was around 1 am. So, they got home around 2. Deidra is still fussing that her throat is hurting, however she's not running a fever...but I guess once the therapist comes and does her thing that I'm going to have to try and get her into the doctor's this afternoon.

Both Andy and I are exhausted today and he found out that he's going out to NYC next Tuesday morning to late Thursday night. He's totally nervous about going and he's nervous about leaving me alone with all the kids even though I keep telling him that it will be fine.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home