Thursday, June 21, 2007

Is My Mate Looking Upward?

Genesis 2:18
It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.

This study talks about a pastor that meets an irreligious lady whose husband was trying to serve God. He addressed her "Madam, I think your husband is looking upwards, making some effort to rise above the world towards God and heaven. You must not let him try alone. Whenever I see the husband struggling alone in such efforts, it makes me think of a dove endeavoring to fly upwards while it has one broken wing. It leaps and flutters, and perhaps rises a little way; and then it beomes wearied, and drops back again to the ground. If both wings cooperate, then it mounts easily."

What a difference it would make if more women would uphold their husbands as they attempt to rise above the world towards God and heaven! In his letter to Titus, the apostle Paul gives some excellent exaltations to women. He writes:

...train the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God (Titus 2:4-5).

Oh how we need to teach our women:

* to love their husbands and children.

* to be self-controlled.

* to be pure.

* to be busy at home.

* to be kind.

* to be subject to their husbands.

Traits that are so opposite of what the world attempts to teach us and the world seems to be winning. However, I really started to look at all this a few months ago and I worked on trying to be more submssive rather than arguing with Andy about everything. Now, I state my peace and we talk about things...but the final decision as head of our household comes down to him. We fight much less this way and a lot of times, I really am ok with what happens in the final outcome. And a lot of the times he does take what I say to heart. And now that I'm home during the week, I do try to make our home a place of peace and just that nice feeling to be home. I'm cooking at home more, it's cleaned and paid attention to a lot more (granted with 3 kids it's hard to keep clean)...but I do make more of an attempt again to make it homey here and I am happy to do so. Yes, I stress myself out a lot, but things are going well and I'm happy to be home again. I will make more of an effort to support my husband and really listen to him though and take the time out for him. I want him to always know how much he is loved and cared about. I want to try and remember to always pray for him and keep him surrounded in prayer and keep him looking upward.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home