Friday, September 21, 2007

Exhausted...

We had training up at the agency until 9. Went to bed around 11. J woke up around 1 am screaming. Went in and found that he was sopping wet. Got him up to change his diaper, got him some more milk, and put him back down for bed. His little arms clenched around my neck and he started to cry. I gave him one last hug and put him down for bed. He cried, would stop for a minute, and then start up again. Andy told me not to go get him and he'd go back to bed or I'd be up all night. Well, after about 15 more minutes and he wasn't settling down, I got up and went to get him. We came and sat on the couch where he proceeded to barf all over. I got him cleaned up and I sat with him on the couch and you could tell that he wanted to go back to bed, but he wasn't going to part with me to do so. This kid will not fall asleep in your arms...he has to toss to and fro before he finally falls asleep and he needs his bed to do it. But, he was not parting with me. I sat with him and cuddled with him and he started patting my back like I was patting his and then he started patting my head and then pointing to my nose. He wanted to play the body part game we always play. He laid his head down on my shoulder and then switched to the other side and then back again. And then he grabbed my head and pulled it down so he could give me kisses. Then, he went back to cuddling and moving everywhere. I gave him his milk in an attempt to go lay him down again and he just shoved it away again and said no. I kept closing my eyes to try and relay that it was time for night night. Finally, I laid on the couch and laid him down next to me and he put his little arms around my neck and just looked into my eyes. He kept smiling and being so sweet. Then, he rubbed his eyes and said "night night" and we just laid there looking at each other, closing our eyes, and then we'd watch each other again. He patted the side of my face and kept saying "Mommy" and I started tearing up. I so love this little boy. Finally, we both fell asleep. I woke up a couple hours later because I was really hot. Andy got up for work and then I wasn't able to fall back asleep. I'm exhausted....so much to do today too. I guess I should just try to lay with my eyes closed until it's time to get up in an hour to get Deidra ready for school.

He was so cute too at the training when we went to pick the kids up. He saw me through the glass and man did he book over there to the door to get me. I picked him up and he just wasn't going to let me go. D wanted me too and when Andy picked him up and I tried to give him a hug, J pushed him away. Little stinker...

UPDATE: Yeah, just when I managed to fall back asleep, Baby D woke up crying to get up at 6. So, we're up for the day...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home