Thursday, October 18, 2007

Busy Busy...Busy Bee!

So, the latest news is that our home is on temporary hold until we get our fire inspection and environmental inspection done. We have to submit new disaster plans, get pictures of the house submitted, and turn in our room dimensions and mark which rooms are used for the children. It doesn't sound like a lot, but on top of normal every day stuff, trying to unpack, taking care of the kids and helping Deidra with homework and stuff once she gets home, and doctor visits and caseworker visits I can just feel the stress. Not to mention both boys have had their fair share of temper tantrums the past couple of days and I'm still not totally feeling 100%. But, things are slowly getting done and I finally told myself that the house doesn't have to look perfect for the inspections....just as long as what the inspections are for are taken care of. I'm not super happy about that...I like things to look nice when people come over and I stress out over it at times, but I'm just going to have to deal with it.

My caseworker stopped over today to drop off some gift certificates and she said that if we can get the fire inspection done asap, it will take us off of being on hold sooner and she could come out early next week and do the home study update so we can get Little J moved in. So, I've left messages for the inspectors so hopefully someone calls me back soon. I'm hoping to have them come out tomorrow so that we can get my caseworker back out here on Monday. I'd like to have Little J here for Halloweeen.

Now, I'm going to go unload the dishwasher and switch some laundry around, run and grab Deidra from school, and then get back here to do her homework and get some more unpacking done. Then once Andy gets home, we'll eat dinner and I'm going to make a run to Wal-mart for some things that I need to put in place from our quarterly monitoring...protective covers for the cribs/beds, toothbrush covers, and thermometers for the fridge/freezer. Then, I have to get some clothes for the boys now that the temps have finally started to get cooler. I may look for a few things for Deidra too, although I've been buying a lot for her with clearance sales and whatnot lately. But, I may look for some more jeans, skirts and dresses for her since she could use some of those. I need to get a welcome mat for the house too as well as a rug for the entry way.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home