Monday, October 08, 2007

Well, I asked to talk to the doctor...

Well, I asked to talk to the doctor himself about things as I just wasn't sure what to do. He called me back and talked to me for a bit. He said that yes, my labs showed very low levels for a positive pregnancy test, but just barely. I had the repeat test done to see if the levels doubled and I definitely tested negative this time. I asked him what that meant and he said that a lot of early pregnancies ended in miscarriage and that he was sorry. I told him what the nurse had told me and that I wasn't impressed since the only people I knew of that had false positives were infertility patients. He understood where I was coming from. I asked him if I should have an ultrasound and he said if my levels were higher and dropping, he'd bring me in to do one to see if we needed to do a D&C, but with my levels dropping to negative levels he felt that there wasn't anything attached to my uterine wall any longer that would require doing a D&C. He asked me about the bleeding and so forth and I told him that it was getting better and the clotting had passed. He feels that the clotting was more than likely due to the m/c and that it has all passed through. He told me to come and see him if the bleeding hasn't subsided in a couple of weeks or it got any heavier, but that I could bleed for a little bit longer yet.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am SO sorry Jess. So so very sorry. I know that there is nothing I can say to make you feel better about all of this, but know that I am here, that I understand and that I care, very much. I am glad you persisted in talking to the doctor, and I agree that it is time to find a new one. Take care of yourself, and let me know if there is anything I can do.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww Jess i'm sorry for your loss. God's time honey...

4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry! What an awful thing to go through. :( I hope that things get better for you soon! By the way, just wanted to let you know that I received my candle. It smells great ... all cinnamony and autumny! Thanks again! I hope that your children are feeling better now and that you haven't come down with it!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home