Monday, October 08, 2007

The Verdict is In

Well, I called the doctor's office this morning. I talked to the nurse and told her what I was looking for. She came back on the line saying "it was negative." I asked her how that happens when I had just been in a couple days before then and both the urine and blood test came up positive. She asked if I had them done there and I said yes (she had been on vacation and another nurse was handling her patients). She put me on hold and came back on the line saying that they must have been false positives. I told her that the only people that I knew that got false positives were infertility patients that had been taking hcg hormones in order to ovulate. She just said "well, it happens sometimes" and pretty much ended the conversation. I am so mad. How did I get 2 positive tests here at home, a positive urine test at their office, and a positive blood pregnancy test then and those were all false?? The only thing that I can think of is that my suspicions were right and it was a miscarriage in progress and that my levels must have finally dropped to negative levels. I'm still bleeding a little bit, but most of the clotting (sorry for tmi) has stopped. All I know is that I'm going to find a different ob-gyn office where they are a little more concerned about thier patients and what is truly going on with them.

Thank you for all of your support and prayers during the past week. I love all of you for that.



Blogger Jenn said...

(((hugs)))) sorry to hear this! You were DEFINTELY in my prayers this past week!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Very sorry to hear your sad news. Glad that you were able to talk to the doctor as that nurse seemed pretty clueless. Hope you are able to find another office that better fits your needs.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear this, Jess. :( I know there's not much I can say - but just know that I'm thinking of you, and wishing I could hug you.

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home