Tuesday, May 27, 2008

What is it about pomp and circumstance?

What is it about the graduation song that immediately brings tears to my eyes and makes me choke up? Last year during Deidra's kindergarten graduation, I started crying and Andy looked at me like I was nuts. We were at Little J's graduation ceremony today (she's not going on to first grade next year, but we wanted to be there for her anyway this year)and the song started playing and I thought "oh, I'm going to be ok." Nope, the minute I saw her tears sprang into my eyes. I sat there looking at her and she was looking at me and the tears just ran down my face. Meanwhile, we just looked at each other with big smiles on our faces. Her behaviors bother me a lot sometimes, yet I see how much she really has blossomed in the time that she has been here too and I love her no matter what. Once the song stopped, I managed to get myself together. The kids were too cute going up and saying what they wanted to be when they grew up. Little J went up there with a big strong voice and said "Hello. I'm (Little J) and when I grow up I want to be a cheerleader." I was so proud of her. Her and Baby D go home right after school on Friday and I'm already misty-eyed just thinking about it.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home