Thursday, January 15, 2009

Foster care through the eyes of an 8-year old...

I love Deidra so much and I am so proud of her that I just had to share this. She just got a phone call from her friend and was telling her that we were going to babysit a 3-year old tonight through the weekend. Her friend told her "you guys are always babysitting." Deidra says "no, we're really babysitting him....but the other ones really live here until they can go home." My ears perked up as she was explaining and she was trying to explain that sometimes they have to be taken out of their homes and their parents are given homework that they have to do before they can get their kids back and we give the kids a home to live in while their parents do their work. She gets it...she really gets it. I've known that watching the kids come and go has got to be confusing to her, but I've tried to explain it the best way that I could. I told her when she got off the phone that I was proud of her and she says "well, I want them all to stay you know, but I know that they all can't as they have their real parents that love them too."

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

That's so sweet, and she's so wise beyond her years. :)

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home