Monday, April 13, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 3

Today's dare is whatever you put your time, energy, and money into will become more important to you. It’s hard to care for something you are not investing in. Along with restraining from negative comments, buy your spouse something that says,
“I was thinking of you today."

I surprised everyone with their Easter baskets from the Easter bunny and I surprised him with his own chocolate bunny. His reponse wasn't all that huge about it and I don't think he really gave it another thought which kind of disappointed me as it's still sitting on the counter. I did let him sleep in and I was going to surprise him with bringing him coffee in bed, but his Dad called and woke him up instead, so we just sat at the table talking a bit and drinking our coffee together. He wasn't going to bring Deidra to church and that bothered me a bit as I had gone to Vigil the night before and with it being Easter and her preparing for her First Communion in a couple of weeks I thought it was important for her to be at Easter Mass. I asked him why if I don't go to church, why he doesn't go and he got mad and said "fine, I'll take her then." I ran to the grocery store to get the fixins for dinner and they were out of ham. I came home so they could leave for church and I piled the littles into the van so that we could go in search of a ham. I wound up having to go to Dickie's and getting 3 1/2 lbs of ham and I knew he was going to be upset at how much it cost. Sure enough, they got home and he was lessed than thrilled and he opened up the door to the refrigerator and was immediately "oh, you got the potato salad from Wal-mart and I hate that brand." It was just the way that he said it and the tone of his voice that set me off and I was ticked. I left for awhile after I said some choice words about how nothing I ever do is right. I thought I did good "he only eats mustard potato salad and that was the kind that I got." So, I didn't know he didn't like the Wal-mart brand. So, yet another squabble happened and I almost called off dinner, however I prayed and came back and we talked again and I told him that it just hurt that here I was trying to get dinner together and he wasn't happy with anything that I did and that I knew now how my Mom felt (joke or not) at Thanksgiving dinner. He immediately got mad at that and instead of snapping back at him, I just asked him to work on his tone and to think before he says things sometimes. We both apologized and he hugged me while I cried and we got past it and moved forward to have a good rest of the day celebrating Easter together.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home