Wednesday, April 01, 2009

The sickies are majorly going around...

Had to bring Little E and Baby T to the ER on Sunday night and was there for 5 hours...we've got upper respiratory illnesses that are viruses, bronchitis, and Baby T had a purple swollen eye lid and was running a fever. They were concerned about Little E's oxygen saturation level and she was the one bouncing off the walls. They got a chest x-ray as they were wondering with the way her lungs sounded if she didn't have pneumonia. The chest x-rays tested out fine and so they got a breathing treatment and her levels finally started to come up. I was worried that they were going to admit her for awhile. They sent the girls home on breathing treatments and Baby T has antibiotics (oral and eye drops for her eye in case it was an eye infection). Yesterday, I spent 4 hours going to 3 different places trying to get a nebulizer that would bill their insurance. I spent the rest of the day dispensing meds. I fell asleep at 8 after I put the kids to bed. Andy woke me up at 12:30 to go to bed, right in time for the storms to hit.

Yesterday morning started out ok, but the kids were crabby. After speech therapy and another set of breathing treatments, we ran to the grocery store. I got home and put the groceries away and fed them lunch and put down for a nap and the school called saying that Deidra was complaining that her ear hurt. I called the doctor and got her an appt and asked Andy if he could meet me at the doctor's office so I didn't have to deal with all of them being crabby while I got Deidra looked at....he had gotten invited to lunch and he didn't want to leave. I was rather PO'd at the time, but just decided I was going to do the best that I could and if they all screamed, then so be it. I got the kids up from their 5 minute nap and I ran and got Deidra from school and got to the doctor's office. Baby J had a meltdown and then Baby T started melting down too. The nurse just looked at me and laughed and I couldn't help but laugh too. The doctor came in and the girls were trying to jump into my lap as they're scared of the doctor anyway and they were both crying. Thankfully, it didn't last long. We got a script called in and went to go pick it up only to find out that he never put how long she needed to take it, so they didn't know how much to give her. So, we can't fill it now until they hear back from the doctor. She's hurting and the motrin isn't helping all that much.

I didn't dare put the kids down for a nap as that will be the time that the pharmacy calls and says that Deidra's meds are ready. So, I made them some popcorn and they watched a kids Ten Commandments movie instead of taking a nap.

This morning, Little E woke up and her eye is all red, puffy, and swollen now and I have gritty stuff in one of my eyes as well. I'm so glad that this eye infection seems to be spreading around our household. UGH!

I think I will be cleaning the house today and hopefully get the windows open a bit later to air out the house and hopefully disinfect some of the germs going around in here.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home