Monday, February 02, 2009

Well, that was fun...

The girls' CPS worker called at 11:30 this morning to let me know that Baby T needed to be down at the courthouse down there at 1 to do a test on her. Since I didn't want to go down there by myself (the jail and everything is in the building and it's in a sketchy part of town, Andy told me he'd go with me). The occupational therapist had just arrived and started therapy and so we had to cut that short as well. Andy got home just before noon and we got down there at 12:45 and met Mom and Baby T's dad (they have the same eyes so I think he's trying to delay the inevitable). We waited and waited and nobody showed up. Mom) said that they were told to wait out in the hall and that the testing people weren't there yet. At 1:30 I tried calling the CPS worker and was told she wasn't in the office. They called her to let her know what was going on and she thought we were in the wrong building, but I told her that we were in the Justice office where she told me to go and that all of us were there. CPS told me that we had to wait as it was ordered by the judge (at a hearing that the AG courts did with Mom and Dad this morning). So, we hung out and talked and Mom played with the kids a bit. We all took turns calling CPS and finally Baby T's Dad called his attorney to find out if they knew what was going on. He couldn't get anywhere, so I had to call my Mom to pick up Deidra from school. Mom finally called her attorney and finally her attorney was able to tell us that the papers she had faxed over to her said it was for next Monday instead. So, we get to go back and do it all over again next week. Very frustrating day, UGH!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home