Monday, January 19, 2009

So tired...

I got up and rushed the kids around to get ready as they were supposed to have speech this morning at 8:30. After all that, the therapist never showed up. I tried to call her to see what was going on with no answer. I called the occupational therapist to find out if they were off today due to MLK day and if she wasmoving her day to Thursday. I left a message and didn't hear anything back until after I had made plans to bring the kids to Dallas to have lunch with Andy. She told me she'd be here between 11 and 11:30. So, I left her a message saying that we were leaving the house at 12:30 since I didn't know what was going on. She called me back at 11 saying that she just got my message and she'd just come Thursday morning at 9. So, we left for Dallas and had lunch at Chick-Fil-A with Daddy. After that, I took them over to Uptown Village and let them play on the dinosaurs. Little E tried to run away as she got scared. I had to pick her up and have her sit on my lap on the bench for a little bit to let her know that they weren't scary. Finally she got up and started exploring a little bit, but she wouldn't climb on them or anything. The other kids were all over the place. Then, Baby T started giving other Mommies hugs and I had to keep reminding her that we didn't go up to strangers and that if she wanted a hug she needed to come to Mommy. I sat her back down and off she ran to another Mommy. The lady kept giving her hugs and I had to finally explain that I'm teaching her boundaries and not to go up to strangers. She left after that. I hope she wasn't upset with me, but at the same time I'm not really sorry that I said anything...I know she probably meant well, but Baby T needs to learn appropriate boundaries as well.

Then, we went to leave and I had to go to the bathroom. We went into Barnes & Noble to get a snack and use the restroom and there was a little boy standing by the door that tried to come out when I opened up the door. I quickly asked him if he was supposed to go outside as I didn't see him standing by anyone and he couldn't have been that much older than Little E. Anyway, he said "have you seen my Mom or my Dad, I haven't seen them in awhile?" I asked him if he was lost and took him by the hand to the front counter. She asked him his name and they knew immediately who he belonged to. She took him to his Dad and I watched to make sure everything was ok. The Dad didn't even blink an eye when she brought the little boy back to him. I finally went up to him and let him know that he was trying to get out the front door and that he had let me know that he didn't know where his Mom or Dad were. I wasn't looking for a thank you or anything, I just wanted him to be aware. And he's lucky that the right person found him. He looked at me and said "oh, I'm sorry" and then proceeded to tell him that he needed to stay by him. The guy turned around to look at a book and the little boy started to wander again. I pointed back to his Dad and the little boy went and stood by him before we went on our way. I was just in shock at how unphased the Dad seemed to be. I mean the little guy was anywhere between 3-4. You'd think that with hearing that he was trying to get out the door to the outside that it would have made him keep a closer eye on him...I don't know.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home