Friday, January 16, 2009

A good night and plans for today...

I was invited out for coffee last night after the kiddos were put to bed. I was a bit nervous, but I am so glad that I went. She was so nice and I wasn't as shy as I normally around people that I don't know all that well. She was really easy to talk to. She really is an answer to prayer. I have been praying for a friend down here...I was just praying recently that it would be nice to find someone who was new to the area just like we were so that we could explore and do things together. God, sent me someone that used to live in the Chicago area and moved here a couple of years ago. I knew when she contacted me a few days ago it was a God thing. It was nice to sit and talk with her and we talked about going to the library next week together. I'm a wee bit nervous with how my littles are going to do in the library, but I think I'm going to be courageous and give it a try. And to my newfound friend, thanks for reaching out to me and I enjoyed your company last night.

I came home and talked with Andy for a bit before we went to bed. Baby T woke up crying shortly later. Once Andy asked her what was wrong she quieted back down and laid back down and went back to sleep. Little E woke up this morning at 4 crying. Andy got up to turn his alarm off and he went to check on her. She quieted back down for a little bit and then at 4:30 she started crying again. I got up to ask her what was wrong and if she had to go potty. She said no and just laid back down. I went and rubbed her back and she acted like she was going to go back to sleep. I left and a few minutes later she started coughing and she started crying again. I got her up to blow her nose and gave her some more water to see if that would help. She laid back down and went back to sleep. Andy came to say good-bye to me and when he left Baby J woke up and him and Peanut (the little boy we're doing respite for)started playing. I went and told them to lay back down and Peanut wanted to, but Baby J was too interested in trying to steal his pillow and so forth so I wound up letting Peanut lay back down and I came downstairs with Baby J. He's been watching cartoons and eating some cereal before it's time for me to get Deidra up for school and then make their lunches so they can go to Mother's Day Out today.

I think once I get them to Mother's Day Out I'm going to come home and shower and then swing by our foster care agency to pick up a training tape that we need to watch and then I'm going to see about doing some cleaning in peace. Then, I'm going to sit and read for awhile before I have to go and get Deidra from school (she's got early release today). Heck, if I have time I may even lay down and take a nap before I have to go get them. Yeah, that sounds like a plan...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home