Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Isn't part of the reason that our country is so good is because of some of our freedoms here?

We all had a choice who to vote for didn't we? Our family has always voted conservatively. That's just who we are. Anyway, we voted conservative this time...we voted for Bush two times before. Do we agree with 100% of what these people stand for...no. My hubby put up on his Facebook page that he just wasn't impressed with Obama yesterday and he had some people post that they agreed with him, and a few people took what was said totally out of context and bashed him for his opinion. He made a joke that he wasn't drinking the kool-aid (how many times have us girls joked that we're not drinking the water as there's too many pregnancies happening?...he was joking similar to that with the kool-aid). Anyway, one of the girls we went to high school with jumped on him about how her opinions deserved respect and so on and so on. I read the whole argument and didn't see that he was disrespectful of anything and he made the comment that he wasn't trying to offend anyone, but that one of the beauties of this country was that we had the freedom to vote for whoever we wanted and that we had the freedom to express our opinions. Anyway, she got all nasty with him and said something to the fact that she should have known better and that her opinions didn't deserve respect and that she was out. I sat there for a minute and told Andy that he was on his own Facebook page stating HIS opinion...she was acting like he was supposed to CHANGE his opinion based on the fact that she didn't find her opinion notating respect. It's not like he went on HER page and bashed her opinion that she had posted or something. To me that's like going up to someone in the voting line and asking them who they are voting for, not liking their answer, and choosing to try to make them change their opinion by saying that they're not respecting your option to vote for whoever you want based on their feelings and so forth. Maybe, I'm not stating myself very well, but it's bothered me all night long.

Obama is our President now, there's nothing anybody can do to change that fact, I don't agree with a lot of what he says and stands for and I think he's full of promises and all I can do is hope that he stands by what he says he will and I wish the best for him and will pray for him, but I already don't agree with some of the things that he's done. Our country is apparently in such a dire need and he has promised all sorts of things to get certain states out of trouble. Yet, look at the amount of money that Obama not only spent on his campaign but turned around and spent on his inauguration (sp?) festivities...I understand that something like that is going to cost money, but I don't see the need to spend all that...how many people could he have helped with SOME of that money. I just don't think that he practices what he preaches.

Another comment on Andy's FB page was from another guy that we went to high school with...he had the nerve to say that he guessed when we moved to TX we had to sign some contract that we'd push our noses even further up Bush's a** so that we could get a bigger tax return. That really pissed me off. Even if we would have still been living in IL, we would have voted McCain. We left MI, because of the state's economy there. The person that made this comment is always complaining about everything and I guess I don't understand...if you're not happy somewhere...we have the power to move. It took a lot of changes for our family and we took a big leap of faith and moved down here...lots of prayers have been answered for us down here. Do we still miss MI? Yes, we do! But, it came down to the fact that we had to move to provide for our family and we are happy down here. Do we agree with all of Bush's decisions...not at all...

I don't know, I look at the state of our nation's economy and I get upset sometimes. Our society does not live within their means, we want something and we want it NOW, we don't have the cash to pay for it, but we have to have it because everyone else does, so lets all go out and get loans and credit cards that we can't pay for all because we just have to have it. Banks are in trouble now and are getting bailed out by the government...why not make these people responsible for WHO they are lending money to? Nobody wants to accept responsibility for their actions anymore. Obama says we're going to have to spend our way out of some of this before it gets better (I forget his actual wording)...since when do we go out and spend money that we don't have to spend and expect that to make things better? If anything, it only seems to me that is going to get us in more trouble and give us a bigger deficit to get out of. Then, again, I know nothing about politics and all that...and before anyone bashes me, these are my feelings that I am posting on my own blog.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Jamie said...

I agree with you. You made some good points. I think many are failing to see the picture behind the facade.

I HATE it when people try to push their beliefs onto others like they are the only ones entitled to an opinion.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home