Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 6

Today's dare is to choose today to react to tough circumstances in your marriage in loving ways instead of with irritation. Begin by making a list below of areas where you need to add margin to your schedule. Then list any wrong motivations that you need to release from your life.

I think I need to start focusing on making better use of my time. I am a procrastinator and then I make myself stress out when everything is due all at one time. I also stress less when the house is clean.

I also think that I need to start giving myself some "me" time. I need to do it for myself and not feel guilty about it.

I don't know of any wrong motivations....I can't think of any right now. I know I need to quit expecting my husband to want to spend all of his free time with me and start letting him go out more. And I find myself getting down on myself at times because he never compliments me or says thank you for all that I do. And I get resentful when he asks to go out because I've been home all day with the kids...so I need to just make myself go out at times and let him deal with the kids and putting them to bed and go out and get a breather. I also need to quit expecting him to take care of the kids paperwork or to help me with the adoption paperwork and just realize that that isn't his thing. He's here to help with the visits, I need to learn to just be thankful for that. I put so much pressure on myself with getting all this stuff done and some of it is coming from the workers too. I just need to keep refocusing and remembering to breathe and that whenit finally comes together, it will be the right time. I can't control the timing of it all...I need to remember that I am not the one in control...it's all in God's Hands.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home