Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mother's Day

I had a really great Mother's Day. We went to church and then came home and Andy made me breakfast...eggs and sausage. Then, we went to the Dallas Zoo. The kids had a blast and it was perfect weather to be there. My Mom called while we were there and said she brought me a gift to the back door so to be sure to get it before the kids found it. Awww! We went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner and a lady that was sitting at the table next to us was fascinated with our family. She was interacting with the kids at times and when I got up to get something she told me how very fortunate and blessed that I was that Deidra was such a big helper and how good the kids all were. It felt really good and it was really nice and just added to the day. We came home and I found my gift from Mom...Trejor perfume from Lancome. My Grandma got me hooked on that stuff and now everytime I smell it, I think of her. I was almost out of my old bottle, so it was perfect timing. She came over later so we could go for a walk and we talked about the past, the now, and the future and she told me with tears in her eyes how I was a daughter and a mother with the biggest and best heart in the whole wide world. I got choked up, but it was a really good feel good moment between us. It meant a lot to me. I had a really great day!

The kids all gave me their little presents on Friday. Deidra made me a card out of a kitchen scrubber that she had turned into a flower. Baby J made me a teapot with "World's Best Mom" and his picture on it. Little E planted a flower and the pot said "Happy Mother's Day." Baby T painted a handprint on a poem and it was framed. I had tears in my eyes when they all gave me their little things. I was going to give their gifts to their Mom for Mother's Day, but when I mentioned that Little E said "no, that's for you, not ____" so I kept them. I'm going to do something else for her for Mother's Day though.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home