Monday, June 08, 2009

The Love Dare--Day 26

Take time to pray through your areas of wrongdoing. Ask for God’s forgiveness, then humble yourself enough to admit them to your spouse. Do it sincerely and truthfully. Ask your spouse for forgiveness as well. No matter how they respond, make sure you cover your responsibility in love. Even if they respond with criticism, accept it by receiving it as counsel.

Lord, I pray that you will show me the areas of wrongdoing in my marriage. I pray that You will forgive me for my faults and wrongdoings and that you can make me humble enough to go to Andy with them and ask for his forgiveness.

I wrote him an email at work today and thanked him for some things he recently has done for me and I apologized for some things that had happened recently and told him how I was working on those things.

I also realize that I need to tone down my unncessary spending. That is one thing that he is always making little comments on and I need to respect what he's saying and tone it down. I don't make huge purchases, it's just going out for slurpees or ice cream or getting cokes on the way home from somewhere or whatever...but if you add all that up over the course of a month, I do tend to overdo it. So, I'm going to start today...today I didn't go out to Starbucks when Deidra asked to go when we were out. I told myself that whatever we needed we could get at Wal-mart and she chose a candy bar and I let her indulge in that one thing. I told her that was it for today. The kids have been asking to go to McDonalds and I said not today. I need to bake more and make our own treats I think. Anyway, I'm getting off topic. But, I will look at his little comments and respect them more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home