Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Trying to adjust...

I'm still trying to get used to my schedule with school thrown in there again. I have been so busy. I think I only got about 30 minutes of down time throughout the day today. I dropped Deidra off for school, came home and fed the littles their breakfast, and then we had to go do the girls service plans at our agency. Then, we came home for a bit and I tried to do some laundry and the dishes. After that, I had to run Little E up for pre-k and then we went to the grocery store. Came home and fed them lunch and put Baby T down for a nap. Josiah wanted to lay on the couch, but he wanted his back rubbed. I dragged the groceries in and put them away and then the children's hospital called about my inquiries about Josiah and Little E. Spent about 30 minutes on the phone with her and I called the behavioral therapy place that she referred me to for Little E. Spent about another 15 minutes on the phone with them. I was thanking God that the littles had fallen asleep during all of this so I could talk in peace. Got her scheduled next week in the evening. I was so glad that they had evening appts and that Andy could go with me without him having to leave work early. Then, a friend called to tell me that it was her little boy's first day of kindergarten and the bus failed to drop him off. That's one reason that I don't put mine on the bus, but she has a baby due in the winter and she didn't think she could do it with the baby and trying to go out in the cold and the snow to get him to and from school and I don't blame her. I felt bad for her, but couldnt' talk long. The library called and told me that my books that I had put on hold for Josiah and Baby T's pre-k were up at the desk. After that, I ran out the door to get the girls from school. Then, we ran to the library to get my books, ran to Sonic to get a strawberry limeade chiller, and came home. Read The Tale of Peter Rabbit to the kids during snack time. Bribed them with candy if they were quiet and listened to the story. Little E almost lost hers, but they all succeeded. I got a social skills book from The Teacher's Aide that I want to work on with them. This week's skill is listening. They get a reward strip every time they do something on the first time that we instruct them or that we notice that they are practicing good listening. They played for awhile in the playroom and then they got to watch an episode of Dora while I made tacos for dinner and helped Deidra with her homework. We ate our dinner and talked about our day and then I gave them a bath and got their teeth brushed. Andy walked through the door and helped me put them to bed. He brought me home a suprise (some type of cookie brownie layered thing with chocolate frosting on top) that he got from a luncheon at work. Now, I have to put the Deeders to bed and then do my Dad's finances and get his bills written out so that they can go in the mail tomorrow. I'm going to try taking my antibiotics again before I go to bed and see if I can sleep through the nausea tonight. Still not feeling all that great...but I'm hanging in there.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home