Thursday, August 27, 2009

Things...

I talked to my Dad about my Mom...I got a wonderful phone call this morning from a wonderful new friend that carried me all throughout my day...and I also got an email from my Mom. She told me how she's filled with resentment and spite right now (gee, I couldn't tell) and how our Bible study meeting was really hard for her. She said she constantly wanted to walk out of the room and scream at the women around her because they all had opportunities that she didn't have. I didn't email her back and later she texted me wanting to know why I hadn't answered her email. I decided to tell her very briefly that I was hurt and why. She wrote me back saying "gee whiz, Jess, I know you've come to love those kids." Then, later she wanted to know how court went. In some ways, I think she does this to protect her own heart from hurting when any of our kids leave. But, I've still decided that I'm going to be a bit distant with her. I love her to death, I really do. And I know she's got a lot on her plate that she's trying to deal with, so I'm going to try and not take it so personally. Instead I'll lift her in prayer. She's worried about her job as she still doesn't know what the owner of her dealership is going to do. She's lonely as my brother, Jimmie, just went off to college. She's confused about what to do with my Dad and what she wants out of all that. I know she's got a lot she's trying to figure out, but I just can't let the extra stress get in the way of what I want out of my own life right now. So, I lift her up in prayer and I'll be distant for awhile.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home