Thursday, November 25, 2010

Celebrating Melina's First Thanksgiving

Andy and I got up and started baking about 5:30 this morning. We made pumpkin bread, pumpkin cheesecake, and a black and tan pumpkin trifle. About 9, we put the turkey in. We made a cranberry turkey with thyme, stuffing, sweet and savory green beans, a cauliflower, cheese, and ham casserole, and garlic mashed potatoes and gravy. Mom made a small ham and corn pudding and brought that and Jimmie made mac and cheese. Melina ate her turkey and rice and sweet potatoes and fell asleep in her high chair. It was a wonderful day and I had fun cooking with Andy in the kitchen. The kids didn't like dinner and didn't eat much. Tracie wasn't feeling all that well and was running a fever. Poor thing! Mom and I were going to go for a walk after dinner, but it was just too windy and cold. We sat around talking instead while Andy snoozed and the kids watched Snow White on tv.

Mom saw Deidra's new bedding that she got for her birthday and saw the paint colors that Deidra had picked out and Mom offered to help her paint her room. I think it will look cool once it's done.

Mom left aroudn 5ish to go bring Thanksgiving dinner to her friend, Margaret, and I sat talking with Jimmie at the table for awhile. Deidra got a case of the giggles and passed them on to me. And then, we got Jimmie going too...I haven't laughed that hard in a LONG time. He wound up taking Deidra back to their house to spend the night, so Andy and I took the kids to Walmart after everybody left to get faucet covers as we found out that we were under a freeze warning. Got home and put the kids to bed. I was suffering from a bad stomach ache that I've had on and off for the past couple of days, so Andy cuddled up with me on the couch for a little bit while we talked and watched an episode of Criminal Minds and then I fell asleep. It was a great day and I'm so thankful for my family that God has given me!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home