Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas

It's been hard for me to get into the spirit this year. I knew I didn't really want this to be a big Christmas this year. The kids have been spoiled with tons of gifts for the past few years from the foster care system, the Angel tree, family, and friends. They would be thrilled with a gift, move on to the next one, throw a fit over not having another, and then ask for more. This year, I just wanted it to be simple..focus on what the meaning of Christmas really is,and get them a few things. We got them a trampoline as a big gift for all of them. Then, they each made lists for Santa for what they wanted. It got to be where they couldn't see a commercial or walk into the store this year without them fighting saying "I want that...and then they would promptly start arguing about who was getting what color or what character." I've had lots of talks with them about what they have, and that their lists have been prepared and we just had to see what they got, but most of all it was important to be thankful for what they have and what Christmas would bring. I divided their Christmas lists among us, and all 4 of the grandparents, and a couple other family members that send gifts every year. Andy and I bought each child 1 thing that they wanted off their list, something to read, 2 sets of pajamas, and 2 puzzles and some educational stuff for each of them. It's not going to be as much as they normally get, but hopefully they will still enjoy their Christmas this year.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home