Friday, December 17, 2010

Lost my temper... AFP Day 25

I yelled for the first time in a long time. Josiah has been really struggling and is constantly putting his feet and legs all over the girls. It's like he gets bored, so he's gotta go push people's buttons or something. He's getting into the Christmas tree this morning and then when I told him to go watch tv as we were going to get dressed and go to the grocery store and then he's gotta go get in Tracie's face and put his feet all over her arms and her stomach. I told him to get his feet off of her nad he just looked at me and kept doing it. When I got up, he took off trying to run away from me. I went and took him by the hand and led him over to the time-in spot and the whole time he was in my lap, he's picking at my pants, shirt, arching his back, tightening his butt muscles, trying to throw himself forward. The whole time I kept telling myself "don't say anything, don't say anything." He finally whipped his head back and it caught my chin and he started turning his head back and forth to rub his head all over my chin and I yelled at him. I just don't understand why he's got to be such a button pusher. My therapist says "everything he does has gotta be over the top." I wish he'd use that skill at something productive. UGH! He's going to be 5 in 4 months...I just wish he'd outgrow some of these behaviors.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home