Thursday, December 23, 2010

Contemplating

Thank you, God, for the beautiful gift of Jesus. Thank you, Mary, for saying yes to God's will. I've sat holding Melina quite a bit this season just looking at her and wondering what Mary must have gone through and how scared she must have been to not have been married and to be asked to be Jesus' mother...yet she still said yes to God's will. I wonder what it must have been like to give birth in a barn with Joseph and the animals and to hold Jesus in your arms...just knowing that He was God's son. I've sat with tears rolling down my face contemplating all that while looking at Melina and holding her in my arms while rocking her. So, thank you, Dear Mother, for saying yes to God's will. Please help me to be the best mother than I can be to my children as you were to Jesus. I know that I will never be the perfect mother, but I will do the best that I can by my children with God's continual graces and all of your prayers for our family.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home