Thursday, February 16, 2012

Josiah

I got the documentation from our attachment therapist from the school saying that he had RAD, but I was surprised to see that she had another diagnosis listed with it. He also has PTSD. It makes me so mad to know that even though we got him at 13 months old, that we couldn't prevent this. All the damage to my poor little baby had already been done. I never knew neglect could cause all this. Of course, I think there's a lot of his missing puzzle that we'll never know. What I keep telling myself is that our God is HUGE and can fix all of this. I just keep giving Josiah back to Him over and over. Abba, you know my precious Josiah and how hard he is to parent and discipline and you can see his heart. Precious Jesus, please heal him from all of this and let him become healthily attached to our family.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

After adopting at 5 we got a complex PTSD diagnosis for our RAD kid for the first time at AGE 16! RAD is so complex that it masks all sorts of concurrent issues, from bipolar to dissociative disorders to PTSD. Keeping you and yours in my prayers.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home