Saturday, March 03, 2012

Neuropsych

We took Josiah, Emily, and Tracie in to see the neuropsych today. He is doing all the brain mapping for free. What an answered prayer! Anyway, we are really questioning with some things that are going on behavior wise if it's a case of they won't or they can't. Our attachment therapist suggested that we go to see him as they kind of partner up together. I was a little concerned as they had to sit for 3 minutes with their eyes open as still as possible and then do it for 3 minutes with their eyes closed and do it over each area of the brain that way, but they all surprised me and were able to do it. They did great and he said that he got good raw date with hardly any interferences because they sat so still. I jokingly said that we had discovered the secret to making them still and calm and asked for a pair of electrode thingies to take home. The doctor was so nice and he really wants to help. He said that they've had really good success with neurofeedback helping attachment disorder and so forth. My only concern is that he doesn't take our insurance, so we'd have to pay out of pocket. I guess we'll just have to keep praying about it and then seeing what his findings/recommendations are when we go back to get the results around the 21st. I'd really like to try it though...we all need some peace and calm around here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not expecting my kids to be perfect, but it's hard having to constantly stay on top of them so that nobody gets hurt or to keep stuff from getting broken or just to keep them on task to keep doing what they're supposed to be doing. Kids with attachment disorder just take normal things and push it to the extreme and that's what is so difficult. Any button they can push, they will. Really need to keep working on trying not to let them see when they have been successful. Anyway, I said that my biggest fear is that they're going to tell me that it's not going to get any better and he and our attachment therapist as well said that they want to help and that we're doing this so that it will get better. I can only hope! I want them to be healed from all of this and I want all of us to have some peace. :-) Thank you, Abba, for bringing these doctors to us.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home