Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Having the house back to ourselves is wonderful!

We moved my Mother-in-Law on Saturday. I'm not saying that I regret our decision to take her in by any means. I'm glad that we stepped up and helped her out. But, we sacrificed a lot to do that too and it feels good to get our house back to ourselves. The kids are testing boundaries, but I'm able to nip it in the bud and we are working it out. We're able to do our own schedule, watch what we want to on our own tv, be silly and crazy and the kids can throw their big fits and I don't have to worry about them bothering anyone else. It's just nice to be able to do our own thing and have our own routine again and I can therapeutically parent and work on attachment activities without someone else watching or giving in to them. They are learning to come to me again if they want things too and I think it helps not to have someone else constantly around so they just ignore Mom and go to someone else to try and get what they want all of the time. Oh, I can bypass the rules and get what I want if I go to here...type thing. And I think with my Mother-in-Law having her own space, it will be good for her too. I just think it was time...11 months doesn't seem like a long time, but it's nice to get our family moving forward again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home